Writing the Short Story
The class will begin on
Monday, February 8th,
complete on March 15th
Limited class size to allow for one-on-one mentoring
- All class materials will be presented to students at the beginning of the course to include:
- Mustang Patty’s Primer on Proper Punctuation (say that three times fast)
- Mustang Patty’s Primer on Writing the Short Story
- Mustang Patty’s Guide to Basic Grammar
Each week – Mustang Patty will arrange a one-on-one meeting with each student via Skype or Zoom for twenty minutes to address issues and problems.
This is a Six-week course with homework each week and three assignments to turn in (Due Dates Below)
The first assignment will be 500 through 1000 words –
ROUGH DRAFT of Short Story
(due on February 15th)
The second assignment will be between 1000 through 2500 words –
2nd DRAFT of Short Story
(due on March 1st)
The third assignment will be between 2500 through 5000 words –
POLISHED Short Story
(due on March 19th)
Mustang Patty Teaches Writing
What this class will target:
- The writer’s ability to develop a short story from an idea through a well-told tale.
- Honing the writer’s skills to meet deadlines and target word counts.
Comprehensive critique and editing of the writer’s stories, to include:
- Overall assessment of the storyline and execution
- Line editing
- Evaluation of the concept for the short story
- Proofreading and suggestions on overcoming struggles with this aspect of writing.
Tuition for class: $89.99
(INCLUDED: Entrance Fee for 2021 Indie Author Short Story Anthology – $40 value)
(Payment Plans Available)